Fabrangen celebrated our 36th anniversary on November 9 & 10, 2007.
The double-chai celebration included Friday night services & dinners in members’ home, a commemorative Shabbat service on Saturday morning followed by a potluck lunch, a panel discussion about Fabrangen’s early roots in social justice activism, and a gala extravaganza on Saturday night.
The theme of the gala was Fabrangen: Past, Present, and Future.
- The past included stories by Shoshana Waskow, Arthur Waskow, and Mike Tabor.
- The present included a special musical presentation coordinated by Emily DeVoto.
- Fabrangen’s future was foretold in a clever, hilarious skit written and presented by Fabrangen’s teens.
Thanks to Fabrangen’s own Lloyd Wolf, for taking these wonderful photos of the Gala.
Other highlights included:
- Kay Elfant’s rendition of the “Top 10 Reasons to Celebrate Fabrangen’s 36th Anniversary;”
- Ellen Garshick’s and Rick LaRue’s “best of” selections of Adon Olam melodies from Purim shpiels over the years; and
- A Fabrangen piyyut by Fran Goldman.