Supporting the next generation . . .
Jewish education for Fabrangen’s children and young adults (through age 29) is supported through the Children’s Education Scholarship Fund. This fund enables Fabrangen to assist families to provide special Jewish educational experiences. The Children’s Education Scholarship Fund has been used for Jewish summer camp programs (either residential or day camp) and for group trips to Israel, (e.g. Birthright Israel). Other possible Jewish experiences that the fund can cover include but are not limited to:
- Aleph Kallah
- National Havurah Committee Chesapeake Retreat
- National Havurah Committee Summer Institute
- Rising Song Institute
The Fabrangen Children’s Scholarship Fund has made 32 allocations since it was founded in 1993. The scholarship is not means-tested and is not competitive.
We still have substantial funds available to assist Fabrangen families in providing meaningful Jewish experiences for their children, adolescents, or young adults. We are delighted to be able to offer these scholarship opportunities.
- The Fund provides two allocations per individual, each currently valued at up to $500.
- Applications are accepted through age 29.
- New members who join once their kids are college-age will also enjoy this benefit of membership.
Let the applications roll! We are fortunate that the community can continue to steer our young people toward meaningful Jewish experiences into adulthood. We encourage them to research and compile lists/reviews of potential programs, and share them with their Fabrangen peers.