Zoom Shabbat Services
We welcome guests who want to daven with us!
Please email the Fabrangen Coordinator to get the login credentials for Zoom services before noon the preceding Friday.
We use Siddur Lev Shalem in our online services.
Services end at approximately 12:00 p.m.
- 09:00 a.m. Meditation
- 09:30 a.m. Pesukei deZimra
- 10:00 a.m. Shacharit
- 10:30 a.m. Torah Service
- Fabrangen meets every Saturday morning from 9:30 to 12:15 at 7750 16th St. NW, at the corner of 16th and Kalmia Streets NW in the Washington Ethical Society (WES) building with access via Silver Spring Metro and the S buses.
- Directions to Fabrangen services in DC.
- Our Shabbat services location is fully accessible from the front entrance. Unfortunately, there is no accessible parking at the moment, so individuals with mobility restrictions may need to have someone drop them off in front of the building. If you are in this situation, please let the coordinator know in advance so that she can arrange to have someone meet you and provide assistance as needed.
- There is weekly silent meditation every Shabbat from 9:00 to 9:30 a.m. downstairs in the childcare room before services.
- Expect a service in the round with lots of singing, a Torah reading accompanied by a thought-provoking Torah discussion, and time for snacks and socializing afterwards. Services include Pesukei D’Zimra, Shacharit and the Torah service.
- Children are an important part of our community and are invited to participate in all of our activities. We encourage children to be present during services. They often sit with their parents or other adult Fabrangen friends, or read/play quiet games on the floor.
- We rotate among three siddurim for Shabbat morning, which reflect our goals for a primarily traditional Hebrew text, contemporary and traditional English readings and commentary, non-gendered (English) language, accessibility, openness and variety..
- Siddur Lev Shalem, Conservative (twice a month)
- Kol Haneshamah, Reconstructing Judaism
- Siddur Eit Ratzon, Independent