Zoom Shabbat Services
Fabrangen’s Saturday morning services are via Zoom until further notice.
About Shabbat Services
We welcome guests who want to daven with us!
- 09:00 a.m. Meditation
- 09:30 a.m. Pesukei deZimra
- 10:00 a.m. Shacharit
- 10:30 a.m. Torah Service
We are using Siddurim Lev Shalem in our online services.
Please email the Fabrangen Coordinator to get the login credentials for these Zoom Meetings before noon on Friday.
- Fabrangen meets every Saturday morning from 9:30 to 12:15 at 7750 16th St. NW, at the corner of 16th and Kalmia Streets NW in the Washington Ethical Society (WES) building with access via Silver Spring Metro and the S buses.
- Directions to Fabrangen services in DC
- There is weekly silent meditation every Shabbat from 9:00 to 9:30 a.m. downstairs in the childcare room before services.
- Expect a service in the round with lots of singing, a Torah reading accompanied by a thought-provoking Torah discussion, and time for snacks and socializing afterwards. Services include Pesukei D’Zimra, Shacharit and the Torah service.
- Children are an important part of our community and are invited to participate in all of our activities. We encourage children to be present during services. They often sit with their parents or other adult Fabrangen friends, or read/play quiet games on the floor.
- We rotate among three siddurim for Shabbat morning, which reflect our goals for a primarily traditional Hebrew text, contemporary and traditional English readings and commentary, non-gendered (English) language, accessibility, openness and variety..
- Siddur Lev Shalem, Conservative (twice a month)
- Kol Haneshamah, Reconstructing Judaism
- Siddur Eit Ratzon, Independent